Tuesday, April 03, 2012

the waiting pile


Ahh, spring. The seasonal shift from yarn to fabric begins again. And just in time for both Made-by-Rae's Spring Top Sewalong and Elsie Marley's Kids Clothing Week. My sewing to-do list has exploded with ideas - call it spring fever for the craft-obsessed.

To start the sewing season, a package arrived with fabrics from a great shop on Etsy. I ordered from here once before and was so happy with the mini dot linen/cotton blend that I purchased a larger cut this time to make a dress from. The shop has knits, linens, cottons in solids, cute small prints, stripes, plaids and polka dots. It's all pretty much perfect and what's really great is that there is often a photo of something made with the fabric for you to see (and the photos themselves are wonderfully art directed). I'm pretty excited to try the knit bias tape too - as much as I've figured out my bias tape maker for cottons, I don't know that I have the patience to make continuous bias tape from knit fabric. Of course, I could just be lazy.

Sewing inspiration abounds at the Sewalong Flickr Pool. Check it out if you're itching to stitch too.

2 comments :

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

I love the fabric samantha.

meg said... [Reply to comment]

I love that shop too! but I've never ordered from it for some reason. That navy polka dot is calling my name, though...