Tuesday, March 22, 2011

test vest



Ever loved a test version better than the real thing? I think that's happening to me right now, or maybe I just think Milo looks extra cute in these colours. But regardless of my test version love, one thing is true: I am almost done a new vest pattern! I wanted to offer more than one size this time, so I'm currently on my third version of this vest. The bonus to all this knitting is that Milo will be well stocked for at least the next two winters, but next time I'm working on a pattern perhaps I'll enlist a couple of test knitters. There are plenty of little guys out there who could use a vest or two, right?

As for this garment, I used wool from the sale basement at Romni - Rowan's Harris Aran, now discontinued. It was bargain priced, so perfect for a test. I don't remember what the aqua wool is, but that's the idea of this vest - using little scraps to make shoulder saddles. I'll save the rest of the vest details for the pattern post though, which should be written as soon as my blocked vest dries and a little boy I know survives another photo shoot. Stay tuned.


5 comments :

Steph VW said... [Reply to comment]

Oh yes, in fact, there are always wee boys who need vests and the test knitters who love them.

what an ingenious design!

Sue said... [Reply to comment]

Vests are great for boys. If you ever need a test knitter just give me a shoutout on ravelry.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Cute vest. Cant wait for the patterns, and oh yes, happy to test knit. Got some wee ones that could benefit...
thanks

zofia said... [Reply to comment]

gorgeous. I think I'm addicted to little boys in vests.

t does wool said... [Reply to comment]

gosh that's a sweet vest~