Monday, October 05, 2009

whistling pixie


Okay - this is the cutest hat ever. It's an easy pattern and I finished it in 2 days (yay for quick projects!) I found it through Ravelry after spying Soulemama's adorable son wearing one, and you can find the pattern, called the Pixie Hat, here. The wool I used is Sublime Organic Merino DK and it feels lovely once knit though it wasn't my favourite to knit with. It isn't really spun, so it's easy to miss part of the ply with your needles. But the ribbing is really soft and squishy and I think I'll use the rest to make a hat for myself soon. Obviously Milo is the recipient of all my knitting these days.

Lucky little gnome, isn't he?

4 comments :

petite gourmand said... [Reply to comment]

I love it!!
you make me want to learn how to knit more than a scarf...
the model is pretty spectacular as well ;

Rima said... [Reply to comment]

Super lucky fellow!

I am loving the hat. I wish I could make that too. Grr. So many ideas, so little time.

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

Milo is just way too cute and the hat is adorable.........

Robb and Libby said... [Reply to comment]

So cute! I'm off to the shop to get some wool now. Looks so cute on Milo!