Tuesday, October 20, 2009

gasp


First let me say that getting new appliances is really not our style. Big purchases in general are not our style. But we've been in this house for 7 years and I've been drooling over a magazine clipping of this fridge the whole time and we finally just bit the bullet. I spend so much of my time at home in the kitchen and since I'm not entirely happy about that fact, I would like it to be the one room I love the most.

Speaking of love, I heart these appliances. The enamel finish is perfect, and they have totally transformed the room. Our fridge, which stands on its own, is now like a piece of sculpture that we're happy to see from the living room. And while I may not understand how to use a ceramic cooktop yet, or know why the cooling fan goes on while I use the oven, gosh is the stove pretty. When they unwrapped it on the front sidewalk I thought about the neighbours wondering where the Betty Crocker stove came from, because Betty Crocker it is.

And now it's time to go bake something. Thank you Northstar. We'll be using these appliances for the next 30 years or so.

5 comments :

petite gourmand said... [Reply to comment]

those are awesome- Love that vintage look!

AnnaVallance said... [Reply to comment]

Those are beauties! What are you going to bake first?

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

They are gorgeous - I so want those appliances! Where did you get them?

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

That fridge really does look amazing there!

jerry said... [Reply to comment]

hi,
we really adore your living style, if you don't mind, we appreciate you can share on our website (it's all for free) www.decomyplace.com we trying to share everyone's living idea, and help more people to improve their living space. we appreciate any support from you. and sorry if we made any uncomfortableness to you, have a good day.