Thursday, October 29, 2009

big headed


A little knitting for me and my gigantic head. The pattern called to cast 70 stitches, and I had to do 90 and the final hat is still a wee bit snug. However, I quite like the hat and I may try it again (minus the striping and with a few more increases - this hat is meant to slouch). I found the pattern on Ravelry and it's called the Felicity Hat. It's easy and quick - perfect for fitting in around Hallowe'en preparations, kitchen craziness (our counter is being installed tomorrow and we're ready to tile!) and general baby raising. I used more Sublime Organic Merino and again, I don't love knitting with it but the final product is lovely.

P.S. I've realized that I'm not too far off of Sadie's habit of drawing Milo into every picture - clearly I work his little face into almost every post. It's pure, unadulterated Mommy love. And speaking of Milo (did I mention Milo?), he has just mastered rolling from his back to his belly and back again, at the all-too-young-age of 4 months. So unlike Sadie who was relaxed and didn't care to roll and crawl until she was 8 months old, this guy is ready to go. A sign of things to come?

2 comments :

Rima said... [Reply to comment]

Cute hat. And your little fella is so very cute too! PS: Our little "felli" is here! Pictures on my blog.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my goodness Sam, he is so cute! What did you choose for your counter? it must be really exciting watching the transformation.
Let's get together soon.
(this is Mira btw)