Thursday, September 03, 2009

have boy, will knit



Milo sure has become my little model. Suddenly I'm knitting way more for a boy than I ever did for Sadie as a baby - I think hearing that patterns for boys were harder to come by has challenged me deep down and I'm getting obsessed with what I can make for him. This vest idea has been in my head for a while and this time I actually kept track of what I did. I wanted it to have t-shirt styling and - of course - raglan seams. I'm pretty happy with it, though Milo needs a little more growing before he can wear it.

My big question is: would anyone be interested in the pattern? I'm going to try it once more with a different wool and needle size, and possibly ribbed edges, but my plan is to write up the pattern and make it available. Is it the kind of vest little girls and boys out there would like?

13 comments :

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

love it! it's looks perfect on your little man

Julliana Lund said... [Reply to comment]

i would love to have a pattern. It looks great!

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

Adorable! Yes, pattern please.

Erin said... [Reply to comment]

Totally great, would love the pattern.

Nadege said... [Reply to comment]

Definitely interested, especially if it's almost seamless. Is it?

Rhiannon said... [Reply to comment]

love the pattern also, please : ) it looks adorable on your wee one!

sam lamb said... [Reply to comment]

great - i will start writing the pattern up! and Nadege, it is indeed seamless. i'm a very lazy knitter and love working in the round.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Samantha, the vest is beautiful on your little male model.
I would love the pattern.
Cathy B

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

samantha, do you think I could follow the pattern??

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

i'd love that pattern! it's so good to find cute baby boys' patterns. like you, i'm always on the lookout...

myredwagon said... [Reply to comment]

simply adorable

Rima said... [Reply to comment]

It is a great little knit. Your fellow looks adorable. And yes, do write up the pattern!

Kristín (khw on ravelry) said... [Reply to comment]

I love your vests - they are just perfect! I´d love to make this one for my two little boys! My emailadress is: khw2@hi.is
Thanks, Kristín