Wednesday, September 02, 2009

more raglan love


Yellow cardigan finished! I was inspired by Louisa Harding's "Geordie Stripe Yoke Jacket", but thanks to my baby brain, I didn't have the focus to follow the pieced pattern instructions. Enter the reliable raglan shaped, top-down method of knitting: I didn't have to think once the stitches were calculated, and it was very easy to pick up for a minute here and there. The yarn is Lion Brand Cotton Ease in soft yellow and gray. I know I can be a yarn snob, but this yarn is so practical and soft, plus it's really inexpensive. The palette is quite nice too, which makes it a great choice for baby items. The sweater is a little big for Milo now, but should fit him fine when the cool weather hits. And I think it is screaming for a matching hat...the kind with ear flaps and ties under the chin. This one perhaps? Or this?

1 comments :

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

The sweater turned out great and I think a hat with ear-flaps would be perfect.