Friday, September 18, 2009

crafter's ADD




I've come down with WIP-itus. Starting everything all at once and not quite finishing anything substantial (the head kerchief was a much-needed fix to feel like I was completing something). In order: 1) a quilt top in crib dimensions, but mainly to be used on the sofa to save the slipcover from endless washings (Milo is a bit of a spitter); 2) the second t-shirt vest to test the pattern (and I've made an adjustment to allow for deeper armholes); 3) head kerchief to help with no-time-to-blow-dry hair days and 4) paint chips for repainting the kitchen. As for the paint, Sadie and I are leaning to the second from the top chip, called "mountain air" (we visited Ragdoll's BEAUTIFULLY renovated home and this colour graces her main floor - and we both thought it was lovely. Sadie talks very seriously about colour with me. She is definitely my girl.) Lots to finish and do - I mean, how does one paint with two small children around? Or baste a quilt?

Perhaps it's time to call in reinforcements.

1 comments :

KR said... [Reply to comment]

I know all about crafter's ADD, lol! WIP's seem to be my middle name. It really is all about trying to find the time and opportunity with the littles running around. :) Love your projects though, and can't wait to see them finished. :)

Kristin
http://reclaimingthehome.blogspot.com