Monday, August 24, 2009

t-shirt recycling



As soon as we knew our baby was a boy, Jay handed me some t-shirts to turn into onesies (to be fair, I had suggested the idea to him but the whole "boy" thing made it an instant good idea). I've been having a hard time getting into the sewing room, but over at least six 10-15 minute sessions, I finally got one done.

This t-shirt had already been cut down into the graphics from the front and back so I had to use other jersey to make the shorts and edging. I left the connection at the waist rough because it seemed to suit the shirt's style. And I tried to maximize the "Groo" graphics as much as I could, working some into a sleeve too. The onesie fits Milo really well and I agree with Jay - it's totally his coolest outfit. Now, only 3 more t-shirts to go!

3 comments :

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

Looooove it. These little rompers are the best summer boy clothes, sort of the boy version of a sundress. And they're hard to find. And, if Milo is anything like Henry, you'll want to stock up on cool t-shirts and make bigger ones for next year. Let's just say that a one-piece outfit is better than a shorts and t-shirt set because it, er, limits access to the top of the diaper. Henry's obsession with taking his goods out and peeing on the floor (and his clothes) has created a laundry crisis of horrific proportions. Boys. Damn boys.

Rima said... [Reply to comment]

Super super cool outfit! What a great idea!

AnnaVallance said... [Reply to comment]

What a fantastic idea and Milo looks so cool!
I am just working on t-shirt quilts for my girls - they are overseas for a year so I have lots of time to get them done.