Sunday, May 10, 2009

bootee magic


I've been wanting to try these bootees for a long time now, but I knew I had to be finished with the art show first.  Last weekend, after I sewed on the final hook to my 28th bird, I gave them a try.  The pattern was quick, easy and oh-so-satisfying.  I haven't finished a knitting project for a while now and these really hit the spot.  The yarn is Rowan Cashcotton (which the pattern calls for) and the natural colour means the unknown-gendered baby can easily wear them.  And the pattern is Saartje's Bootees, available for free on Ravelry and her blog.

Not surprisingly, Sadie loves the pattern and has already chosen the wool she wants a pair made from (Louisa Harding Merino/Silk in Ruby). I cast on last night and will keep track of the modifications in case they work out.  I'm sure there are a few more 4 year-olds out there who would love a pair of their own.

3 comments :

AnnaVallance said... [Reply to comment]

I have never knitted anything but scarves but those look so adorable I may try them as soon as I finish the scarf I'm knitting.

Claire Louise Milne said... [Reply to comment]

I love these booties - I made some for a girlfriend and the whole room ooohed and aaahed at the baby shower.

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

Those booties are so cute, have you done them for sadie yet?