Wednesday, February 04, 2009

vest addiction


This house makes photographing dark knits nearly impossible.  Also, I'm impatient and couldn't wait until the weekend when I may have been able to count on some natural light.

I found this pattern by Susanne Pietrzak on Ravelry (for free!) and it was exactly what I was looking for - squared edges, a high collar and a simple closure.  Easy to wear as I grow bigger, and should still work next winter when I'm possibly back to normal.  I improvised for size, but the pattern was so easy to follow that it never became difficult to figure out.  As for the other modifications, I did a seed stitch border and collar instead of garter, and I ignored the buttonhole since this could be a great opportunity for a shawl pin, brooch or kilt pin like I've used already.  And the wool was a dream to work with - Debbie Bliss Luxury Donegal Tweed that Ragdoll and I first spied in Paris.  It's very soft to the touch and the palette is great.  I'm not really a purple person, but this deep eggplant works for me.

Next up, a cardigan for Sadie.  I'm starting to feel a little selfish with all this knitting for myself. Time to share the crafting energy around.

(Note to self: next time, smile a little.  Who knew a glimpse of a mouth could look so sour?)

3 comments :

Susanne said... [Reply to comment]

Hy,
I love how your vest turns out and I am glad that you like my pattern. You inspire me to make a longer version on my own.
The pattern is also for free on my blog (for the few non-ravelers).
It's so fine that I found your blog now.
Happy Knitting,
Susanne

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

So pretty! The yarn and the vest itself. Your baby bump looks adorable in it as well ;)

Natalie said... [Reply to comment]

What a perfet fit of both yarn and pattern. Seeing your bump makes me want my own. MUST.stop.pregnancy.envy.