Wednesday, October 03, 2007

the forever socks



Finally I can turn in my DPNs, the red socks are done. I started these when my Dad had hip surgery back in February and they just hung around building s-l-o-w-l-y over time. Also, I made the first toe all wrong and had to rip it out after finishing and weaving in the ends - oops. But the best part was trying to take photos of my feet while Sadie was around, and as you can see, she had to get in on the action. Her striped pants deserve to be photographed though, so she can trump my new socks anytime.
Speaking of socks, I don't know how Elizabeth does it! She's so fearless...I have a hard enough time with this basic pattern from Fleece Artist. But at least I can join this group now on Flickr - because I have to admit, seeing handmade socks with a pair of great shoes leaves me feeling all tingly inside.
Sock details: Fleece Artist 100% Merino Washable wool and 2.5mm Pony DPNs.
Oh, and the cable idea has been approved. But how do I catch up on all the Mad Men that I've missed?

2 comments :

:: melissa :: said... [Reply to comment]

I love your socks . . . and Sadie's stripey pants! The colour is fantastic

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

Hooray for cable! And hooray for socks. They look great and I'm sure you'll find you'll get a lot of use out of them (if it ever gets cold in Toronto again).

And I really don't knit socks out of fearlessness -- it's more of a lack of creativity, really. They're the perfect thing to tote along while I'm waiting for Ruby's school to end (they're only 45 minute sessions, so I just wait outside).