Friday, December 01, 2006

warm feet



With winter looming and a busy work schedule, I figured the time was right to finally attempt socks. I started with small toddler socks, but that didn't make the project any easier. The first sock took four, yes four tries until I got it right (at least the small scale wasn't so heartbreaking to undo). Needless to say I was well practiced for the second sock and it was a smooth knit. Sadie likes wearing them around the house but only on top of other socks, so I can't say they are very practical. However, I do agree that the process is quite magical when the heel takes shape, so I think more socks are in my future. And maybe for my feet next time.

In case anyone wants to know, here are the details:

Pattern: Two Tone Socks from "Simply Baby" by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino
Needles: 5mm DPNs
Mods: None, except for needle size. I did the 6-12 month size, but with larger needles than called for. Oh, and I only used one colour.

3 comments :

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

Hooray for socks (and Sadie's adorable feet!).

petite gourmand said... [Reply to comment]

those are beautiful, and warm I bet.
I'm still making a very poor attempt at a scarf for Lulu.
I'm light years away from socks.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

oh how i want to learn to knit socks! these are lovely!