Wednesday, February 22, 2006

pink, oh so pink


Today, my Olympic news is a bit better than the Canadian Men's Hockey team. Pictured here is my completed challenge, fuzzy pink fringe and all. I didn't actually sign up for the Knitting Olympics, but I perservered in the shadows and finished my project with time to spare. I'm not crazy about the stripe effect; variegated wool is new to me having spent the last five years knitting with solid colours and the occasional tweed fleck for kicks. As simple as the pattern looked, I had to make adjustments so that Sadie's noggin' could fit through (though her noggin' might be extra-large, I have a C-section scar that would swear that's the case!) She's not wild about wearing it yet so I'm leaving it on the floor with her pile of hats hoping that she warms up to the idea. Yeah, right.

6 comments :

Tracy said... [Reply to comment]

Very cute! So glad you faired better than the hockey team! (Sad news to us canucks...) Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

She's darling in this. Very sweet.

swan-artegan said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my! The poncho is so sweet and so is the sweety wearing it. It's a teeny-tiny poncho for a teen-tiny girl. And what a pretty colour. I love it on her.

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

samantha, I think the poncho is adorable and I am sure sadie will be trying to put it on. Is she saying 'poncho' yet?

Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said... [Reply to comment]

Once again you created something like made by fairies ! And it's suited so well by your so beautiful princess !!! Hugs to you my dear friend !

sugar mama said... [Reply to comment]

adorable! you could also try variegated wool for a felting project (like a bag), it can have some great effects.