Wednesday, July 06, 2005

monkey parade



I've been trying to make the perfect monkey for a while now, but he is terribly elusive. Here are a few of his wonky relatives. How perfect that July's Month of Softies theme is sock monkeys - though I'll actually use socks this time. Hmmm, maybe that's the problem with these woolly guys?

And speaking of monkey parades, I thought I'd describe my own little family unit. There is Sadie, my little girl who is 9 months old today and whose adorable face is a few photos below. Then there is her crazy daddy Jay, who spends his days chewing for this until he becomes Sadie's caregiver full time when I go back to work this fall (of course, he won't stop playing with gum . . . he'll just have to wait for Sadie to be asleep!) And finally two cats, Ellie and GlenMiller, who make knitting and sewing a challenge now that my "workspace" is a tiny corner in the living room. That's it, or should I say that's US.

2 comments :

kath red said... [Reply to comment]

hi there,
I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know that I love these monkeys and your other crafty creations.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Delightful! Happy to see another new blog.